Transmitting equipment

Ken

Transmitting equipment

Post by Ken » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:54 pm

OK, so, we can receive it.
Now we want to work though it.
I see the Digilite on BATC website forums but see NOTHING in the shop other than a USB module that plugs into a motherboard
So where and what is the Digilite , I can see images of the motherboard via google but getting real info and prices is errrr not easy, or at least not as easy as IT SHOULD BE.
I tried here in GB3YT forums in a search for Digilite but no results.
I think I missed something ?

I see a " DTX1 DATV transmitter PCB complete with case and front panel " for £459
By the way , this above item , also appears to be called " Quadrant " and " Antennair " and "DVB"
Also, if I hover over its photo its no longer called a Transmitter , its now called a " Digital Encoder / Modulator"
but cant see exactly what it is without joining the BATC.
Thats not a problem , I will join again . its a bargain anyway.
However , I think more sales and more users might be very appreciative of easier to obtain information.

Once I know a bit more , I will get my wallet out. maybe.

Anyone like to fill me in please ?

Many thanks ... Ken G8VDP

Wolfie

Re: Transmitting equipment

Post by Wolfie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:11 am

Hi Ken

If you look at the other thread where we were asking about equipment, Kay has given a brief overview, most of it makes sense to me and I think it will for you too, Sorry I can't post a link you'll just have to find it.. [url]viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20&start=10[/url]

And, as a result I have found the first bit is on Ebay..
:
de G8VAT
:
Dah di dah..

Ken

Post by Ken » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:42 pm

Wolfie wrote:
> Hi Ken
>
> If you look at the other thread where we were asking about equipment, Kay
> has given a brief overview, most of it makes sense to me and I think it
> will for you too, Sorry I can't post a link you'll just have to find it..
> [url]viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20&start=10[/url]
>
> And, as a result I have found the first bit is on Ebay..

Yes, Graham , I have seen that reply from Kay. Its one page back from these posts. Your link is THIS post.
To be honest for me , I haven't a clue what those bits Kay mentions are or the methods of converting this n that.
I am pleased you understand it and have made a start.
My post was , in the main ,regarding the BATC website , of which I am once again a member.
I refer to 2 transmitting equipment methods ( that is if they are 2 or maybe they are both the same thing ) Digilite and the DTX1 DATV transmitter at £459. Maybe I missed something or misunderstood whats on the page.
Where I mention that a person looking at the page / BATC shop cannot get or see the information unless they are a member , which to me is counter productive to encouraging people onto D-ATV and also counter productive to sales. I would think it better to dangle the carrot ( let em see it ).

I have a bit of money to one side , perhaps to buy a venture onto the HF bands , but I am also tempted to save that and put it towards a D-ATV TX.
The trouble is I cannot yet get the information I need . The L.A.M. Radio shop is just 1 minute from my house and that HF transceiver is sat on the shelf.
Right I am going to the BATC shop and forums now , to try n figure out my options.

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:31 am

Ken wrote:
> Your link is THIS post.

Wot a clot eh? :oops:
:
de G8VAT
:
Dah di dah..

Ken

Post by Ken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Wolfie wrote:
> Ken wrote:
> > Your link is THIS post.
>
>
> Wot a clot eh? :oops:

Nownow , your a friend and a respected one too. NO clot.