2m RB receive.

What's coming up in the future? Ideas or suggestions welcome.
admin
Site Admin

2m RB receive.

Post by admin » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:58 am

The next project on the cards (2019) is addition of RB 2m receive on 146.5MHz.

It is another long term project when we have the time, but now is when we should be talking about what is expected and just general chat about it. We already have a sat receiver capable of low symbol rate receive, and over the coming months we will be experimenting on this band. It will be interesting to see how it performs for both mobile TV and DX wise.

The new receive rack and logic are ready to accept this new receive equipment when we get it working.

73, Kay

GaryM1EGI

Re: 2m RB receive.

Post by GaryM1EGI » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi Kay,

Which tuner are you planning on using? the Serit as used in the current BATC mini tuner?
Or do you have an off-the-shelf RX which can cope below 1MS?

Also, do you know which polarisation you plan on using for this band?
I should have my Portsdown working in some form by then, so I should be able to help with testing!

73s Gary M1EGI

G8NZR

Post by G8NZR » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Gary

We have got a commercial one that goes down well below the required 333Ks/s. We are going to use the vertical antenna that is installed for the talkback, as the site owner is a bit touchy about having too much installed!! The take off to the west is poor as its sheilded by the building, but other directions should work.

I was going to get in touch since the DTX1 struggles at low rates, and in the quick tests I tried it appears very blocky, but I'm not sure if its the DTX1 or the receive set-up I tried, so yes I would like to try the Portsdown (if you have time) when you have it functional.

Its going to be a longer term project although the RX cabinet is ready to accept the fourth input when complete and working.

73s Kay
G8NZR

GaryM1EGI

Post by GaryM1EGI » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi Kay,

In the short term we could try my MK2 mini-tuner as that covers both that part of the spectrum and 333ks if that would help to compare?
Otherwise it maybe later this year/early next year if we are going to try my Portsdown.

73s Gary M1EGI

G8NZR

Post by G8NZR » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi Gary

That would be good :) I'll let you know when I have a bit of spare time to try it out.

Thanks, Kay