Recent analogue test

Chat about using GB3YT
GaryM1EGI

Recent analogue test

Post by GaryM1EGI » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:31 pm

I thought I put put together a brief report of some tests I did at the weekend (1/10/16) from my /A location.
This is IO93dq which is an obstructed path at around 4.1km from YT (IO93dp).

On the agenda was to test a Tandberg DVB-S receiver which will be used on GB3TT, an alford slot antenna & trying to access YT using 1watt from a solent TX.
Reception from this site has been tested before using a 23cms flat panel antenna and a Comag SL35 satellite receiver from a bedroom window.

Using the alford slot on both the Comag and Tandberg RXs provided excellent results from both the tripod mount and me holding and rotating the antenna, but when I came to transmit through it my 1watt was just about enough to trigger YTs analogue input.
At this point I hooked up the panel antenna and aimed in the general direction of YT, at best I had a P2 into the repeater (a hint of colour on some of my test cards)
Around this time Kay accessed the repeater with an excellent D5 picture and we tried to have a quick chat, but as I was monitoring via the streamer and talking back on 144.750 we was getting caught up in delays and doubling with each other.

My next visit will include my 15watt PA and maybe a camera/audio, this, I hope will be enough power to get a P5 into the repeater.

These tests where done mid-morning, but I left my equipment monitoring whilst I went about doing a few jobs...
Just before 15:00 I noticed the repeater was being trigger on it's analogue input, after a few minutes of monitoring the picture getting stronger I noticed the video appeared to be from a model plane and reported this in the chat window on the stream.
Shortly after I was joined by Kay and Graham who also witnessed the rouge signal, overall this lasted an impressive hour with it flying around with a live camera/downlink & OSD telemetry.

So all in all an exciting day with more activity on YT than what was expected!

[attachment=0]20161001_113549_HDR.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GaryM1EGI

Re: Recent analogue test

Post by GaryM1EGI » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:32 pm

[attachment=0]20161001_115019_HDR.jpg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.