Activity nights?

Chat about using GB3YT
admin
Site Admin

Activity nights?

Post by admin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:37 pm

We are considering starting a regular activity night to get more use from/encourage use of GB3YT.

Once a month, we aim to start with creating a 'net' of users - not only on GB3YT, but also via the streaming portal of the BATC website taking comments etc from the BATC chat as well as direct over the air. This week, Graham had a short contact with I2NDT via the streaming BATC website whilst transmitting some tests on GB3YT.

We would like to know is if there would be a preferred night (so it doesn't clash with any other activity nights), and any suggested times we should start (7pm has been suggested which is after tea etc).

If anyone would like to reply with any comments, I will keep this post updated and also advertise it on the BATC website once decided when to run it...

73 Kay G8NZR

GaryM1EGI

Re: Activity nights?

Post by GaryM1EGI » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:34 pm

This sounds like a good idea.

Maybe on a weekend would attract the most interest?

Gary M1EGI

G8HUA

Post by G8HUA » Tue May 10, 2016 9:45 pm

The repeater just seems a Digital ATV beacon ,I've never seen anyone use it day or night.

G8NZR

Post by G8NZR » Thu May 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi - It is still new to the area, but we have had use (I've personally seen it in use on several occasions) and hopefully more when we get the analogue input fitted. Its common for DATV repeaters to spend most of their time running as beacons.

We are still going to get an activity night running, but current work levels are making spare time limited.

73s Kay
G8NZR